x

BEAUTY JUNKEES LARGE KABUKI SET | Review + Giveaway

beauty junkees large kabuki set review, giveaway, affordable makeup brush, best drugstore makeup brush, how to use kabuki brush for makeup

Serendipity. That's how I would sum up my entire experience with Beauty Junkees makeup brushes; a fortunate happenstance, a discovery that's one for the books. The brainchild of fellow beauty junkie Julia Ritzenthaler, this line of affordable yet high quality and vegan makeup brushes is becoming a favorite amongst makeup aficionados. I had the opportunity to try the 5-piece Large Kabuki Set (retail $39.97), scroll down for my final thoughts, photos and yeah, you read it right... giveaway!

beauty junkees large kabuki set review, giveaway, affordable makeup brush, best drugstore makeup brush, how to use kabuki brush for makeup

First let's talk about the bristles. If you own any Real Techniques or Sonia Kashuk brushes, then you know that while they are good quality and sold at acceptable price point, some of the brushes have that "pokey" feel with shedding issues. These Beauty Junkees fairies are exceptionally good! The bristles are dense enough to pick up the product (be it liquid foundation, bb or cc cream, powder), apply, buff and blend evenly on the face. The bonus of it all? they feel heavenly-smooth on my face, no unsightly brush streaks and shedding whatsoever! They are packaged in black faux leather case, travel-ready and vanity-snazzy!

beauty junkees large kabuki set review, giveaway, affordable makeup brush, best drugstore makeup brush, how to use kabuki brush for makeup

Brush use and purpose are relative but I think it's a nifty idea to name each one as it comes handy to the makeup noob.

beauty junkees large kabuki set review, giveaway, affordable makeup brush, best drugstore makeup brush, how to use kabuki brush for makeup

I use these angled kabuki brushes interchangeably for bronzer application (which you can also use for contouring). Both render precise look and since they pick up powder efficiently, I say go easy with the contour lady!

beauty junkees large kabuki set review, giveaway, affordable makeup brush, best drugstore makeup brush, how to use kabuki brush for makeup

I use the flat kabuki as a stippling brush to create a desirable airbrushed finish. It's also my favorite tool to use in days I'm only wearing powder foundation. I use the round kabuki mainly for liquid foundation, and the tapered kabuki to blend concealer under my eye area, around the nose and to cover up few acne marks. All five kabukis washed pretty easy, again no shedding and loosening of ferule. I will keep you posted in the future as time will determine their longevity.

beauty junkees large kabuki set review, giveaway, affordable makeup brush, best drugstore makeup brush, how to use kabuki brush for makeup

Zilla-approved, I love 'em like real babies. In fact I'm buying extra set as backup. Want to experience these 5 piece Large Kabuki Brushes or 8 piece Eye Brush Set (stay tuned for separate review)? for a limited time, get $10 off with code FABZILL1 (I don't earn from this, just so you know) or 25% off any 1 individual  eye brush or kabuki brush with code FABZILL2

How about winning your own kabuki set? Enter via widget below for your chance! Open to my USA-based subscribers (sorry Beauty Junkees' rule) and you must be at least 18 years old. I will contact the winner via email and Beauty Junkees will ship your prize. Good luck!


a Rafflecopter giveaway

51 comments:

  1. I want to try the Tarte Noir palette; try a dark purple lipstick shade.
    Following on BL as https://www.bloglovin.com/people/lisabrown-1344076

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hate when brushes shed. I spend all day finding bristles in my foundation that I didn't before. I keep hearing great things about these brushes, so I'm curious to try them for myself. Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have similar brushes like these and I really like them. I love a dense brush for liquid foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That angled kabuki needs to get in my life!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice looking set for a great price!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great brush set. I love mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, those brushes are a steal! I have had good luck with my Sonia Kaschuk brushes - they haven't started shedding and they're not pokey, but they are not nearly as fluffy and full as the Beauty Junkee brushes look. Those are gorgeous-looking and affordable kabukis. I may need to take advantage of the sale on these babies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These brushes sound wonderful, and that's so exciting that they are also vegan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love wearing darker lipstick for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First, what a great price for a good set. I also love that they name the brushes because I still need that on my makeup brushes. LOL! And thank you for the giveaway. :D

    To be honest, I'd love to try out some of the dark vampy lipsticks that a lot of lines are coming out with for fall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I may try purple lips... Just the the fun of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am going to try some deeper lip colors. They always scare me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't found any fall trends that I'm dying to try yet.....I'll probably dive in and try some of them at one point though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look lovely... New brushes are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know if my last comment went through heheh I love these brushes, I like them more than my Sigma brushes because they keep falling apart!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to try a smokey eye look but that is suitable for work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, you really love these brushes! No shedding is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love to try a smokey eye that looks great for brown eyes

    ReplyDelete
  19. The price is right and I'm intrigued, think I will pick up a set. You can never have enough brushes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I could definitely use some new contouring brushes! These look so soft, I want to cuddle them :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am fighting the urge to buy the Urban Decay Naked Smokey palette. I feel like I don't need it, but I rrrrreeeaaalllly want it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fab giveaway! These brushes look incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous giveaway! The price point on these brushes is excellent, and they look so soft!! Some of my MAC brushes are getting rough and pokey, so I'll look into these!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE a good burgundy lip for fall
    And those brushes are making me squeal, hope I win :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. There's nothing like a great set of brushes. The name Beauty Junkee is very appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love that there's no shedding. The storage is cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I don't have any fall makeup trend I want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  28. No shedding is a HUGE plus in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  29. These brushes look great, and you can't beat the price- I've paid that much for just one similar kabuki.

    ReplyDelete
  30. My trend would be just to consistently wear more makeup! I'm always in a rush!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love me a good angled kabuki!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I would like to try this brush set! I definitely need one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have become a hoarder of makeup brushes! I love trying different kinds. These look really nice, and I love that they're plush and soft! As for the Fall, I'm still a big fan of the metallic trend, and hope it sticks around!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Those look so beautiful! That's a great price for so many of them, particularly since they're so good!

    ReplyDelete
  35. OOOO YASSS! I think I may need all of those LOL

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh my gosh - these are so awesome. I love a great brush. These would be great for my cream products.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I don't know if it's a trend, but I love eye shadows in deep browns, oranges, and greens during the Fall. They just seem to fit the season and outfits too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I kind of want to try a look with a more goth vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm curious about the new super matte dark lip colors for Fall. Ready to try some new looks.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I'd love to try some of the darker lip colors and some of the jewel tone eye shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I want to (finally) try a red lip.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I want to try a darker lip color, like a dark plum color.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I really want to branch out this fall and be brave with the wines/purples/rose golds!! I've been afraid to try them out, but I know I'm missing out!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love the darker lip shades for fall time :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. These sound so nice! I'm such a brush hoarder :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Design + development by MunichParis Design