x

Face Mist Demystified

Face Mist. You might have heard about it, read it in a beauty magazine, saw it in a drugstore or retail store, but still don't quite get it. I was like you- then. My first encounter with a face mist dates back in early 2000. Back then, my job required me to do a lot of out-of-office meetings and field works which exposed my already distressed skin to pollution, smog, sun, and all kinds of environmental toxins. At 12nn, my makeup (prior to discovering face primer) is wilted, and my face looked either oil-laden or dull. Not a good impression to make especially when dealing with topnotch decision makers and clients. 

Face mist is mostly water in content (mineral, spring, pure, etc.) It usually comes in atomizer or bottle spray, slightly fragrant, infused with herbs, vitamins and minerals, sometimes doubles as a moisturizer or sunscreen. It is called a face mist because as you spray it onto your face, it re-hydrates your tired skin with a refreshing mist. Depending on the product you use, it sometimes gives you a dewy appearance, mattify your face, or simply "wake up" tired and dull-looking skin.

Now down to my top 3 favorites:

The Body Shop Vitamin C Energizing Face Spritz  (image from here)

I have been using The Body Shop Vitamin C Energizing Face spritz in years- in fact, the very first I tried and liked. It is infused with antioxidant Vitamin C which is known to boost skin appearance. I also use it to set my makeup. Depending on how frequent you use, this 3.3 fl oz bottle lasts pretty long (about 3-4 months for me).


L'Occitane Immortelle Essential Water for the Face (image from here)
 A recent favorite is  Immortelle Essential Water for the Face by L'Occitane. I got to try the travel size and now I'm hooked. I use it at nighttime (just before I hit the bed). The scent is soothing and I wake up with my face looking moisturized. 



Evian Mineral Water Spray (image from here)
Evian is the first to discover the wonders of face mist. It is made with mineral water and can be bought in major retail shops or drugstores.

* Hold the bottle about 6 inches away from your face and close your eyes as you spray. When do you need a boost? If your skin feels dry due to air-condition (as in office, hospital, etc.) or when you have been out in the sun for a while.

Look Fab Today. Refresh your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Design + development by MunichParis Design