x

Look Fab for the Holidays: Subdued Smoky Sparkle Eyes ( E.L.F)

Okay, so here's my own take for the holiday look. I recently hauled some E.L.F. makeups and quickly tried on the most affordable eye shadow pallette I purchased ever. Valued at $10, and with 100 shades to choose from, how can you go wrong? I have to admit, I equate cheap products with poor quality. But that was before I discovered the land of the fabulous ELF.


E.L.F is short for Eyes, Lips, Face. E.L.F. offers quality makeups without leaving a serious dent in your pocket. Their mineral line collection of powder foundation, lip gloss, lipsticks, bronzers, among others run from $5.00. They even have eyeliners and lipsticks at $1. Unbelievably crazy! Now I know why there's so much rave about this brand. Despite the ailing economy, there is simply no reason not to look fabulous.  You can spot E.L.F in some retail chains but to get the complete makeup collection, your best source is their online store. They run regular promotions like huge discount or free shipping so check out often.

This look I created is both smoky and sparkling. I made it a little bit subdued so you can wear it even  at daytime. You can pack on darker shades and put more glitter if you are partying later. The key to your eye shadows' staying power and brilliant color lies in the eye primer. Dab a little around the eye area and below the waterline for maximum effect (I used Kat Von D High Voltage Eye Primer). I lined my eyes with black khol eye pencil ( I used Sephora eyeliner). Then I applied a bronze shade  eyeshadow up to the crease area as base color. Starting from the outer eye corner, I blended a plum shade going inward ( There is a trick in using different eye brushes,  I will discuss them in a separate blog). After that, I used a darker brown shade to lightly line the crease area. With the same shade, I used an angled small brush to line my lower eye, just below the waterline. I then used a light golden shimmer to define my eyebrow and inner eye corner. I lined my eyes (again) with  a liquid eyeliner to somewhat intensify the look. I curled my upper eyelashes (I used Shu Uemura eyelash curler). Finally, I applied 3 coats of mascara to my upper and lower lashes (I used Clinique High Definition Lashes Brush and Comb). You have the option to wear fake eyelashes (I usually don't because I have natural long lashes). Here's the complete makeup list for this look:
Face Primer and Foundation: Laura Mercier
Clinique Pore Minimizer
Mineral veil: BareEscentuals
Bronzer: Pixi
Blush: Kryolan
Lipstick: Estee Lauder
Lip gloss: Sephora

" There is no excuse not to look good. Look good, feel good"- Kakalina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Design + development by MunichParis Design